Washer/dryer outlet, is it for water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The screw cap thing that goes in bottom left side of washer dryer, is that to be undone every now and then? Is it water built up from drying clothes?
15137582406175815169.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nope, that's the filter, but you'll get water out of there when you open it, and the odd coin etc. When it's drying the clothes, it'll condense the water, and pump it out of the drain hose. Don't touch the filter unless you've got to.

to the side off it is a small hose you pull out first empty into a flatish container till half full re-insert the bung' empty dish and repeat till no more water comes then open the filter to avoid masses off water :D

Nope, that's the filter, but you'll get water out of there when you open it, and the odd coin etc. When it's drying the clothes, it'll condense the water, and pump it out of the drain hose. Don't touch the filter unless you've got to.

Water has been coming out of it even before I unscrewed it. When I unscrewed it totally lots came out. There could be water underneath the machine, maybe should pull it out and mop behind?

So should I never unscrew the filter and let the water come out?

Sponsored Links
You only unscrew the filter if you realise you've left a pocket full of coins in your pocket, and then put them through the machine. Mop the water up, clean out the filter, screw it back in, and then makes sure it's not leaking. If it still does, then it need repairing, or replacing.

If you have a washer dryer , where does the fluff go? Never had one, just wondering.

Sponsored Links
Back