washing down render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all can anyone give me advice regarding painting render... I understand the need to wash down before painting with a detergent. would washing up liquid solution be ok? and my worry is that the detergent may soak into the render before i wash it off then effect the paint finnish... any thoughts guys? thanx!

Sponsored Links
What sort of condiftion is the render in esox?..if it doesnt have mould over it then a good stiff brushing should do fine...otherwise id suggest a pressure washer if its bad....just water

If your only talking about a small area then use a stiff brush, like a scrubbing brush and a buskets of water/bleach 4:1 ratio...then rinse well

hey zampa thanx for replying. Its fairly large area front of a mid terace house. Doesn't look to be in bad condition can't see any mould etc just in need of brightening up so would i just give it a good going over with stiff brush? wouldnt it then need rinsing off to remove any dust? thanx esox

The brushing should sort it...you could always give it a quick once over with a hose beforehand though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back