Washing Machine Breakdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've come in to work this morning and found the washing machine in our staff room has been switched off all weekend after it was tripping the power supply.

It's currently switched off with the door locked full of stinking mop heads and dirty water.

Any ideas what could be wrong with it before I start fiddling with it? I know nothing about washing machines other than they have a pump and a motor in them.

Sponsored Links
Just to update, I've checked the plug and the connections are absolutely fine, so it's something further down the line to the appliance.

I've tried switching it on twice and it just pops the MCB straight away.

Of course.... duh! Sorry, I'm a bit thick.

Make and Model are Hotpoint Aquarius WDL520. 7Kg(not sure if that might be relevant).

I can't see any other numbers on the casing at all though apart from the power ratings on the back of the appliance.

Sponsored Links
As it's a washer dryer could be a number of things. Dryer heater / wash heater/ motor / mains surpressor/ I'll take a guess it's the dryer heater.

And right you were. Local appliance repairman just left and he replaced the dryer element. All up and running now.

Thanks for your help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back