washing machine water cuts off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, my friends washing machine,beko WM6143s, if put on a spin only, works fine,door locks, spins, unlocks, turns itself off. When trying to run a wash programme, door locks, water enters for 5 seconds then stops dead, the lights stay on but nothing moves, but no more water, if i turn the machine off and on at the machine switch, it repeats the water situation. Iv'e had a look at the board pcb, all looks clean...(i know means nowt..) anyone please?..

Sponsored Links
havent got a clue either
but my new machine fills on the "A" part off the drawer first for about 10 seconds then goes on to the "C" section for a full wash so assume "A" is possibly for a prewash in the cycle so momenterally operate when no prewash required
just wondering iff you have a quick prewash fill but the main valve isnt operating with open circuit or dead solenoid

Sounds like possibly the pressure switch is not operating, check the pipe between the pump housing is not blocked by blowing up or down it & that the switch operates. Also pump housing maybe partially blocked.

When swapping wires over on the valves, the other then operates the same, for about 5 seconds...i would assume that they both work?
The pressure switch, i took off the rubber pipe, it's clear, and left it off the switch so it cannot send a "stop filling" message....

Sponsored Links
Are there only 2 wires to the pressure switch, I would have thought there should be 3. Normally open, normally closed & common so that it needs both to work properly

No you did not give the wrong impression, it is just that your presumption that leaving the pressure switch inoperative means that it is not faulty is flawed. You really need to test it with a meter to check it opens & closes as it should.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back