Washing Machine - Getting between Drum and Tub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get the front rubber gasket off to get between the tub and drum. There is probably a bra wire stuck there as the machine is making a noise which I am sure is coming from there. (clicks more in one direction than the other.

I'd love to save some money by not having to call out an engineer so any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
no.

there is ususlay a "front plate" thast the door seal is fixed to, so taking it off wont be of any use.

when i used to work for hp the quickest way I did it was to tip m/c back and viollently shake it (much to customers horror) then take the pump off and take out what ever had been shaken to the back, since on a hp the pump is at the back.

even if a sock got jammed i ddi this, taking it apart was always a last resoret as we had a time limit per fix

Thanks for the very speedy response, breezer. I'll give that a try. At least trying that won't make things worse (which is what happens when I tinker with anything mechanical!

All the best, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back