Washing Machine Heating Elelemnt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently the heating element in my washing machine has "gone". As the machine is only just over three years old this is annoying.

Is it reasonable to expect the element to last longer than this, especially given it's only used a couple of times a week, or is this pretty much par for the course? The machine is a John Lewis one, which I think means it is actually made by Electrolux.

My last washing machine lasted about 10 years with no faults until it gave up the ghost!

I know it's a simple enough repair etc, I just wondered if it was unusual for the element to go after only three years.

Sponsored Links
Nope it's not unusual it's because its cold fill only. I done loads under18 months old.

It might not be the actual heating element and as no indication as to how it has been determined the heater is at fault (i.e what testing has been done or who 'said' its faulty).
There are other possibilities.

Sponsored Links
Was the heater changed or heater and thermostat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back