Washing machine kitchen door hinge repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice on fixing an issue with a kitchen door that goes on the front of a washing machine. Due to it being very poorly fitted the hinges don't sit snugly in their holes (the holes are far too big) and because of this and the washing machine moving about when it's on a fast spin, the screws have also come out of their holes, results in bigger holes than are needed. I'm thinking of drilling out the screw holes and gluing in dowels which I hope will solve the screw hole issue, but I'm not sure how to fix the hinge hole issue.

I'm wondering whether I can put some expanding glue in the hinge holes and glue the hinges in place so they don't move, but I'm not sure if this would work or what glue to use. I was also wondering if I could fill the holes with solid wood (e.g. with some of these wooden plugs) and essentially start again, drilling new hinge holes so the hinges fit snugly.

Photos of the door are below (it's a bit of a mess). Has anyone fixed a similar issue or can offer any advice on the best course of action?

20230304_192747.jpg

20230304_192803.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back