Washing Machine leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok- this is unrelated to the other post I did about a w/m tripping a switch (in fact this problem has come about because of the other problem though - I'll explain.) My sons washer developed a problem last week and he brought all of his wet washing up that weighed a ton, and put it in ours.During that wash , ours developed a leak underneath , and I realised that due to his clothes for washing already being water logged, our machine then got confused and it was too much water in there, and hence a leak.

However, many washes of dry clothes later ours is still leaking from underneath. Seems to be bottom left as you look at it from the front, but I guess it could be anywhere as the floor might not be 100% level.

It's definitely NOT the door seal. The leak begins at the height of the first wash cycle when drum is at it's fullest.

I will pull it out and turn it over later, but any ideas about what I am looking for before I get stuck in would really be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If your 100% certain it is not the door seal you are left with the sump, drain pump or hose, recirculating pump or hoses (if you have one), pressure switch hose or seal if it is built into the drum & heater seal.

If your 100% certain it is not the door seal you are left with the sump, drain pump or hose, recirculating pump or hoses (if you have one), pressure switch hose or seal if it is built into the drum & heater seal.

Thanks for that.
I think that when the very wet washing was put in, it could have been so heavy as to pull something loose, but trying to work out what would only leak when the cycle is at it's 'height' with 100% of it's water in.

Once agin you don't give make or model, but usually if you put wet heavy washing in it will detect and drain excess water so that the load can be balanced. Could be the heater comes on when full of water & then starts to leak when it warms up before beginning the wash cycle, perhaps worth checking that first.

Sponsored Links
Once agin you don't give make or model, but usually if you put wet heavy washing in it will detect and drain excess water so that the load can be balanced. Could be the heater comes on when full of water & then starts to leak when it warms up before beginning the wash cycle, perhaps worth checking that first.
Thanks - It's a Beko WME7267W. Not sure how I would check the issue the refer to?
I turned it on it's side earlier on, and can see from underneath that the leak is coming from above the drum on the left hand side (and it's not visible when looking up from bottom of machine, but I can see the damp on the block attached to the drum
So, I am going to take the top off and have a look at the drum inlet and the pipe from powder tray to drum first.
We do have fairly high water pressure here too

Drag it out and lay on side to look for leak..

Check all the pipe fittings and give them a wiggle. Most are push on with finger clip and with any luck you will see where its leaking

So the wet washing is just coincidental then. I'm not familiar with any Beko products so cannot really offer any further advice.

Beko washing machines often leak from the back of the soap dispenser, unplug it take the lid off and have a good look for signs of a leak.

Beko washing machines often leak from the back of the soap dispenser, unplug it take the lid off and have a good look for signs of a leak.

You are right about that . From the rust on the body/frame it looks like it's been leaking a little bit for years- then maybe the heavy load last week just made it worse. We have very high water pressure here too and perhaps it's a factor?
Also, I see now I am in there that the soap tray is only connected to the drum inlet rubber hose by a gentle push fit and no clip at all.
I have siliconed the top half and bottom half of the soap tray together just incase it's coming out of there and am nipping to get a jubilee clip to put on the soap outlet to drum rubber inlet.

Thanks for help everyone
I'll post a pic of the problem later for others who might have this Beko. But at the moment the site won't upload photos for me

Oh well...siloconed the tray, jubilee clipped the connector and now the lcd program screen is showing some weird error and no wash cycle can be selected.

Took it off again to see if I had loosened any connections when I had the front off and cant see anything obvious.

So close and yet so far!

Weird lights maybe an error code if you look up online. Lights on and some lights off or flashing is an error code.
Read code for fault

Not really been your families week for DIY washer repairs, professionals can work out cheaper sometimes. :(

Weird lights maybe an error code if you look up online. Lights on and some lights off or flashing is an error code.
Read code for fault
It's not a ENumber code, it's like a 6 petalled flower (my wife tells me it might be the symbol for fabric conditioner , and then 20 mins next to it)
The only thing that it will do now is change the numbers of mins from 20 downwards. No other buttons do anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back