Washing machine pump broken?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Hoover Six 1500 washer dryer that stopped draining a week or two ago. I've unblocked the pump at the bottom on the front (it was completely clogged up with hair, fluff and bits of crap that had fallen out of pockets) and checked the waste pipe to make sure it was clear (blew through it), but it still won't drain. I put it on a spin cycle and it spins but nothing comes out of the waste pipe. Is it a case of calling out a repair man or have I missed something obvious that I can do myself?

Sponsored Links
Can you tell if the pump motor is actually running or not?

Well I'm not normally around when the machine is in use :D but no it doesn't sound like there is any noise other than the sound of the spin cycle.

Sponsored Links
Perform an emergency drain & remove the filter. Then select a drain cycle & observe if the pump impeller rotates evenly. There should be no up/down slack on the impeller & when you rotate it by hand it should exhibit a noticeable magnetic resistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back