Washing Machine Waste into Inspection Hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Complete newbie to plumbing so bare with me.

I am installing my washing machine into the garage, now hot and cold water is comin from the small downstairs toilet, but the pipes have to travel around 15 mtrs.

The waste however is causing me a little confusion. I have a drainpipe right outside the wall that the washing machine is backing on to, but this does not connect to the main sewers.

I do however have a manhole cover half way down my garden which services my waste and I think the neighbours extension and downstairs toilet.

My question is, can I run a pipe undergroud at a gradient and into the side on the manhole. Say by, drilling through the manhole brick work, and threading a flexable pipe.

Other than this, I cannot see any other way of getting rid of the waste, without spending huge amounts of money on hiring a building.

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
I have a drainpipe right outside the wall that the washing machine is backing on to, but this does not connect to the main sewers.
Where does it go?

I would be guessing, but i'd say a soke away

You cannot run into a soakaway legally and this would be picked up when you come to sell your house.

You will need to extend your underground drains with BCO approval or run an unsightly 40 mm waste pipe around your garden.

Do you really want to move your washer :?: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Could I not submerge a 40 mm waste pipe and break into the side of the manhole sewer waste?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back