washing machine waste problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Been asked to plumb and waste a integrated washing machine and dish washer into a space bounded by a corner unit off the sink unit and an end panel at the other end. The space is almost exact for the appliances and both have an integrated door to be fitted to line up with the corner unit.

have fitted a stand pipe after measuring to the back of the washing machine, also had to bolster out for the knuckle of the standpipe trap to fit into as the depth is very limited for the fit - washing machine into the space and it sticks out too much for the door to integrate correctly with the adjoining unit -any ideas as to how to get round this ? I know the standpipe is the best and accepted method and in my opinion a hose to the sink trap would be too long in length.

Any help much appreciated - Thanks

Sponsored Links
ok thanks for that, I have already considered the waste to the sink option but that means the extended waste from the washing machine to the sink spigot will be well over 2metres in length ! i can see problems arising from this :)

Sponsored Links
FWIW, terry foley at: kitchensfitted.com/forum has useful tips for fitting apps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back