Washing mashing overflows water in normal cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Hoover washing machine and have issue. When I load machine with clothes and start normal cycle (wash & spin dry), machine fill water and starts overflowing on floors. Water level setting is half way. How to get the machine to stop overflowing and move to next step of washing?

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert, but the obvious thing to check is is the drainage connection OK - if it's blocked up or goes too high or whatever then the machine won't be able to drain quickly enough, which might explain it overflowing?

im not a expert either but i agree with rebuke, needs pulling out and cheking behind. found these few pointers if it helps

* Turn machine off, with timer dial in off position, make sure you have stopped the flow of water into the machine.
* If the water continues to run, after the above steps, then the mixing valve is stuck open.
* The water should be, at this point, turned off using the shut off valve at the back, on the wall, or may be located by the washing sink. Turning the valves clockwise will turn the water off. If all else fails and you cannot find these valves, turn the water off at the main shut-off in your home.
* Turn the timer dial to the spin cycle to empty the machine; leaving the water turned off. If the machine will not empty using the spin cycle, this is a signal that the pump or belt needs repair and it is time to call a technician.
* If the machine has emptied from the tub, then turn the machine off. Turn the water back on. If water starts to run into the tub before you have turned it on, with the switch, it is a sign that the mixing valve is not working.
* If water does not run until the switch is turned on to the cycle to fill the machine, then it appears that the water level switch is faulty.
* You may be able to un-stick the mixing valve by turning the machine off and on several times using the timer dial. The valve may stick again at any time, so use caution, by watching the machine to make sure it turns water source off at fill level. The "fix" is usually only short-lived.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back