WASPS!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After spending a large amount of money removing 4 wasps nests from the loft of my Victorian house this summer I am anxious not to got through it again.

The wasps were getting in through a gap at the top of the brickwork, below the eaves, just behind the timber fascia. The rentokil guy said to silicone this gap but it is pretty large.

Question is would using an expanding foam in the gap be ok, or am I at risk of spreading damp??

Any tips to keep the little b*gg*rs away would also be appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Depends on how well ventilated the rest of the roof is, yes you could use expanding foam, but if this gap is essential for ventilation, use aluminium mesh instead.

mmmmmmmmmmm expanding foam ........delicious, i would go for the aluminium mesh, it wouldn't surpise me if the wasps eat the foam

Sponsored Links
I thought that foam was cyanide based which would kill the wasps, and us if we ate it, wouldt it????????

Freddie said:
I thought that foam was cyanide based which would kill the wasps, and us if we ate it, wouldt it????????

Not at all what rubbish ...look here I have some right now and will prove you wrong.. its perfectly healthy and good for yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ughhhhhhh!

legs-akimbo said:
Freddie said:

Not at all what rubbish ...look here I have some right now and will prove you wrong.. its perfectly healthy and good for yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ughhhhhhh!

that's becasue you forgot the tomato sauce

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back