Waste for a shallow basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening helpful people

I have purchased a shallow sink and am having problems sourcing a suitable waste. The bottom of the sink casing is flat and there is less than a cm between the sink casing and the bottom of the actual sink - where the overflow water will gather.

Please excuse my terminology.....

In my (extremely non plumber) mind I think I need a waste that has the overflow 'cut outs' starting only a few mm from the top. The cut outs can not exceed 5mm in depth else they poke out underneath the sink and spill water.

Any suggestions as to a suitable solution would be much appreciated.

I have struggled to explain that very coherently - if anyone wants me to have another go please let me know.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Get an unslotted waste and drill several suitable holes to line up with the cast in overflow. just make sure the holes don't affect the seal of the plug/pop-up waste. Maybe a click-klack would be better.

You may also need a collar if the thread on the waste is too short to allow the nut to fully tighten.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Done that, except I sawed a slot in the unslotted waste, and also had to shorten it because I coudn't get one short enough!
It's hard to get the end good enough. I put a nut on the thread and used it as a guide for a belt sander.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back