Waste from Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please help?

I am putting a new shower cubicle in and it came with an attachment for the waste, this prevents me having to cut a hole in the floor for the u bend or raising the shower. Anyway it screws on to the bottom of the shower and then has a flexy hose. How do i connect the flexy hose (guessing at 22mm) to my waste pipe?? the end of the flexy hose has no connections etc.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
that would mean i would have to raise the shower cubicle, i was hoping to avoid that. Is it possible to connect that flexy to the waste pipework?

how are you going to fit a waste to a shower without cutting the floor or raising the tray ?
wheres the trap going to sit ?

You could always try one of these
VOGroup.jpg

Those flexible pipes are cr*p

is that to use with the flexy pipe or instead of? What size are they? Do you have a link for them?

Why are the flexible pipes bad? is it because of the smaller diameter so it takes longer to drain?

i would rather not have to raise the shower but if you guys thing that is the way forward then i wont argue, as I will probably regret not doing as you say.

they are hepvo made by hepworth.

just to clear one thing how would you of layed a shower tray on the floor and then fixed the waste ? as the waste would be under the tray and above the floor

The flexy hose is long enough to come out the side of the tray, i was going to cut a whole in the side of the tray and make the connection from there so there is only one joint under the shower tray and that is the joint connecting to the plug. Is that not a good idea?

is the way forward to raise the shower?

if you start cutting the tray about that will void any warrantys.
access to the waste in the future you will have to take the tray out.
and i can't see you fitting the waste to the tray without the tray raised or the floor cut, the trap on the bottom of the tray will sit lower than the tray

i take it this is cheap e-bay crap i have come across before with one of these Captive Plug wastes )http://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/spares-fittings-captiveplug-basin-waste.htm) that you close after you have used the shower to stop the smell from coming up the waste because the flexi hose hasn't got a trap on it. belive me send it back add £150 on and buy a decent shower and cubicle

Is this "cubicle" by any chance one of those imported Japanese steam boxes, is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back