Waste Oulet Hose Connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Firstly sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section! I have a Bosch Exxcel dishwasher and the waste outlet hose doesn't any kind of connection at the end. Ideally I'd like to buy a rubber to insert into the hose (I read somewhere that they're called flexi-rubbers but I don't know this for sure?) but I can't find them anywhere. The waste hose is 17/19mm in diameter depending on whether or not you measure the ridge part!

Thanks in advance for any help,
Allan

Sponsored Links
You normally have a 40mm waste pipe that the hose just feeds into, no need for any type of connection or fitting.
The only time I have fit a connection to the hose of dishwasher or washing machine, is when on occasions the waste pipe is 22mm copper pipe, then it slips over the top and you then connect up using a couple of jubilee clips.
Jubilee clips goes on hose, prior to the hose being put over copper pipe ;)

Thanks for the prompt responses!

PrenticeBoyofDerry – Prior to moving house we did indeed have the 40mm waste pipe which is why I was unaware of this issue before. Now we have a pipe and they have attached a 21mm waste pipe to this and I purchased a 17mm / 21mm connector which fits perfectly to the larger pipe and will be secured with a ring clip (and sealant if necessary!) however it won’t fit into the smaller pipe as this has no end to join onto.

Rocks1 – Thanks but I'm not sure if that's the correct part, i.e. the part I mean. What I'm thinking of is similar to the end's of this hose (http://www.spares-and-repairs.co.uk/product.php?xProd=285).

Sponsored Links
All Bosch dishwasher outlet hoses are too small to fit to the waste pipes of sinks , that pipe I showed you is a flexy rubbber which slides on the end of the outlet hose then slides over the waste pipe on the sink spot , you may need a drop of washing up liquid to ease it on that is all you need.

Thanks I think that sounds good. Just to clarify it should (in my case) the part should fit outside the ridged hose and over the connector. Wouldn't this cause the hose to leak? I was expecting a part that fitted inside the hose?

So the problem is the end of the drain hose has been damaged/removed.
What about replacing the drain hose of the dishwasher or converting the waste to a larger size.

I was hoping that I could avoid having to replace the drain hose by purhasing an attachment of some kind to allow me to fit the connector.

Yes it fits over the end of the hose and will be a tight fit and no it won't leak. The other end fits to sink spout you can put a juilee clip on the hard plastic spout to finish it off.

That sounds brilliant to me, guess I'll be picking one of those up ASAP, it sounds far easier than changing the hose!

Also congratulations on 500 thanks, that's pretty impressive!

You don't wanna go down that route of changing hose otherwise it's a total strip down just buy the rubber hose and all will be fine. Ps wanna make it 501. :LOL:

If you have not already fitted the adaptor and are worried about leaks you can put some Fernox LX in the ridged pipe before fitting the adaptor.

You can buy it from most DIY and Plumber stores, its used to fix leaks in water pipes on hot and cold systems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back