waste pipe larger than 40mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem i have got is connecting sink waste pipe which is 32 mm to the bath waste pipe which is bigger than 40mm.So what type of connecter can i use,as i was going to use a 40 mm t shape connecter with a 32 mm to 40 mm reducer .I dont want to replace bath waste pipe so is there any universal fittings for this metric bath waste pipe to connect to the standard 1 s in the shpos (32mm -40mm).
Thanx

Sponsored Links
lewisj said:
The problem i have got is connecting sink waste pipe which is 32 mm to the bath waste pipe which is bigger than 40mm.So what type of connecter can i use,as i was going to use a 40 mm t shape connecter with a 32 mm to 40 mm reducer .I dont want to replace bath waste pipe so is there any universal fittings for this metric bath waste pipe to connect to the standard 1 s in the shpos (32mm -40mm).
Thanx

What size is the existing waste :?: A compression tee might do the trick :?:

Thanx for your reply to my question the bath waste pipe is slightly larger than the 40mm ones.

lewisj said:
Thanx for your reply to my question the bath waste pipe is slightly larger than the 40mm ones.

Different makes vary in size so see if theres any writing on the pipe or fittings.

Sponsored Links
what is the lagest pipe a universal compression joint will take.As the outer diameter of the pipe is nearly 5 and a half inches.And a standard 1 is just over 5 inches.

lewisj said:
what is the lagest pipe a universal compression joint will take.As the outer diameter of the pipe is nearly 5 and a half inches.And a standard 1 is just over 5 inches.

We fitted one last week that was for 250mm pipe, probably cost more then your bathroom though :LOL:

You was talking 40mm at the start of the thread, where does the 5.5 inches come in

lewisj said:
Thanx

A sink waste is bigger than 32mm or do you mean basin waste.

Make of old pipe and the job is easy :rolleyes:

Thanks for all your help and advice everone,As i have now done the job which was easy.I used a universal compression t piece and a reducer and the was job done.Cheap and straight forward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back