Waste Pipe Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My waste pipe is internal as I live in a upstairs flat, The top of the pipe therefore sticks out of my roof.

Everytime it rains the water is finding a way in off the tiles and running down the side of the pipe.

I think that the rubber seal may have gone. Any ideas if tiles need to be removed if this rubber is to be replaced?

Sponsored Links
If you are refering to the rubber seal which seals the lead slate to the stack, then no.

However if the lead slate is leaking then you will have to remove tiles

rubber seal now superseeded by a glue- on collar.assuming we`re talking plastic soil pipe ;)

Sponsored Links
ITS NORMALLY LEAD COLLAR FITS AROUND THE STENCH PIPE,AND SHOULD FIT UNDER THE TILES TO GIVE WATERTIGHT SEAL,SOMETIMES MAY LEAK DOWN THE STENCH,OR LEAD MAY BE PORUS,

+++++++++++++
buildtec will you stop adding your advertising link please. And stop SHOUTING

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++

Nige F .......F.as in F`ing good plumber.......look for me in Sussex :LOL: :cool: advert.........what advert :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back