Waste pipe leaking HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we’ve recently had the old waste pipe (grey) in our house replaced (black) and we’ve noticed that when the toilet is flushed, a pool of water comes from underneath the contrite and pools. There is a crack in the back of the old grey waste pipe but I’m not sure if that’s the cause? Does anyone know the extent of how to fix this or what it would be? I have a video but I can’t upload it so have taken screenshots from it and added them below.

Thanks

Attachments

• F6E76903-8839-428F-A71B-AF0C51BD1D47.png
    F6E76903-8839-428F-A71B-AF0C51BD1D47.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 66
  • F6D8CED8-D39F-4F11-B7D0-4C8F4263BFF9.png
    F6D8CED8-D39F-4F11-B7D0-4C8F4263BFF9.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 3946CEA2-6AC6-4704-B4CC-C718E8288FE7.png
    3946CEA2-6AC6-4704-B4CC-C718E8288FE7.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 53
Sponsored Links
More pics

Attachments

• BF1E6CD2-EB1F-4E25-8071-D876CC3E9320.png
    BF1E6CD2-EB1F-4E25-8071-D876CC3E9320.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 51B8831C-191B-4EFE-8E25-C790ECA6FB0B.png
    51B8831C-191B-4EFE-8E25-C790ECA6FB0B.png
    3 MB · Views: 30
It’s likely to be the crack in the grey connector. Have someone flush the toilet and have another looking at the fittings to ascertain where it leaks from. Repair - not really, would need to be replaced.

The water when flushed comes from under the concrete. I wish I could upload the video here!

Sponsored Links
If it comes up from concrete, then it’s either that crack, a partial blockage or both.

The snap on ring holding the rubber seal has snapped. You can replace that but it's all got to be taken apart. Just get the person back who did the work.

You'll be needing to dig that out a bit as it looks as if the grey waste has parted somewhere under the floor level

As post #8, the grey will have to be dug out and replaced. Dont attempt any repairs - dig out & replace.
And after digging out & removing the grey but before replacement - have the soil pipe drain water tested.
OP, you mention concrete - where?

The floor joist in view is sitting on soil - joists sitting on soil will eventually rot out - plus the lack of through ventilation under the finished floor will also eventually cause fungal rot.
Do you have any existing damp problems or difficulties with the flooring?

There is a crack in the back of the old grey waste pipe but I’m not sure if that’s the cause?

Almost certainly that is leaking and due to the split in the grey. If you paid someone to do that, you need to call them back to repair what they seem to have damaged. I would not expect any sealant, to be a long term fix, it needs something more drastic than sealant.

As post #8, the grey will have to be dug out and replaced. Dont attempt any repairs - dig out & replace.
And after digging out & removing the grey but before replacement - have the soil pipe drain water tested.
OP, you mention concrete - where?

The floor joist in view is sitting on soil - joists sitting on soil will eventually rot out - plus the lack of through ventilation under the finished floor will also eventually cause fungal rot.
Do you have any existing damp problems or difficulties with the flooring?
Thanks. It is concrete. It is just very wet because this has been happening for a while. No there are no leaks anywhere else. Only here since the plumbers replaced the top part of the pipe.

Don't worry , tells screen is so poor he can't make out what's on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back