Waste stack connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anyone know what type of seal this connection uses going in to the waste stack and where I could possibly get one. It's been installed for about 22 years and is now leaking. It's a 40mm waste pipe from a bathroom sink and shower.
Thanks.
DSCF0573.jpg

Sponsored Links
It looks like a solvent cement fitting, but the picture is not really clear enough (for me anyway :confused: ).

It is is then fixing it could be a b@astard.

Sorry. Is this one any better? It's leaking where the plain 40mm wastepipe section enters the waste stack spigot.

DSCF0579.jpg

Cut the joist slightly wider and deeper to take any pressure off the joint, and wrap it with DENSO TAPE. it will never leak again. youll need some white spirit or meths to clean the joint and to wash your hands in afterwards :LOL: :LOL: regards chrisey

Sponsored Links
Looks like there's enough room to get a strip of emery cloth round it to clean the joint a bit. Then use a similar strip to get Polyplumb Gap Filling Adhesive round it.
leak1.jpg

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll have a think about my course of action.

TicklyT said:
chrisey said:
Cut the joist slightly wider and deeper......

That sounds a bit worrying - That notch already looks seriously oversized, and misplaced if the wall is supporting the joist :eek:

Any notches should be less than 1/8th of the joist depth, so you would need a 16" deep joist to safely go that route.

http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/txt/bc-guidancenote7-notchingofjoists.pdf

You obviously dont know what your talking about. Stick to your carpentry.!!! You cannot repair that joint properly because the housing of the joint is to near to the joist if you look at the picture CLOSELY. The joist as i said needs trimming to give you available room to work to repair the joint propely.Its imposible to know the depth of this joist by the photo given. Joists have to be cut deeper than british standards sometimes because there are a lot of BOGERS out there probably like yourself that force tradesman into situations where they have to make decisions to do things they dont want to do, but have to to get round bad workmanship. If i was doing the job i would trim around the fitting and plate the cutout with ply :cool: chrisey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back