wat is it??????????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a problem i don't know what it is, damp of some kind along the outer wall of my bedroom appearing is like black spots the landlord said it is condensation cos the flat has been empty for 3 months i have treated it with mould killer but every couple of weeks it comes back and i wipe it of treat and paint again, i have notice a little condensation on the windows and ventilate when possible it is very cold in the room does anybody have any suggestion, i would be very grateful for your assistance

thanks

madman

Sponsored Links
Get some heat in the room, you crazy fool!!! :D
Could be a leak ( you didn't say which floor it was in, could be missing tiles on a roof or a leaky pipe )
Get your landlord to sort it.

Sponsored Links
guys we have heating in the room but it still persists windows are on latch slightly ajar it is on outside wall and is not in the floor

Its probably condensation, venting when possible is probably not good enough. I had the same problem

Some kind of constant background ventilation like trickle vents would help. I installed them onto my windows and have not had the problem since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back