Water between walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbours have built a wall parallel to mine, small gap between filled with polystyrene. Unfortunately, before they put their roof on, we had heavy rain and it seems that lots of water has gone into the gap, the plaster on my wall is soaked through. They have now put their roof on so no more water can get in, but I'm wondering whether the water that is already there will need to be drained somehow, or if it will slowly evaporate through my wall. Is it likely to structurally damage my wall?

Sponsored Links
First things first I would be in contact with the Party Wall Surveyor who hopefully your neighbours appointed? Also take some record photographs & measurements of damage.

If not have a lok at this link which explains it quite well - http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/gro...ents/page/odpm_breg_600574-04.hcsp#P224_25182

With regard to the water, yes it will eventually evaporate, disperse into other materials surrounding it, through the ground etc. However depending on how much water there was some more may well seep through your walls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back