Water cistern hot and cold split

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just noticed my water cistern above my hot water cylinder is divided into two halves, one hot and one cold? One side is cold supply and the other hot (vent). What is the advantages and disadvantage of having this split system? Also with a system like this how do you fill your primary?
I`m planning to flush my heating system this summer. Help would be appreciated.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have 3 tanks in total then?
If not it just sounds like a standard setup. one is to keedp your heating topped up and the other the cylinder. I assume one is larger than the other

No there is just one tank above the hot water cylinder. There are no other tanks including the loft area.The tank is divided into two halves. Will post a pic soon. Is this a common set up?

Sponsored Links
He's talking bout them Square jobbies on the metal frame with cylinder below me thinks :confused:

confused-8.gif

absolutely hate them, first one i ever changed done my back in, had trouble with it ever since. (about 100years ago! )

I think you guys are on the right track here. What is the advantages and disadvantage of systems like these.Are these systems common? The HWF&E is build in. In the summer I wish to clean and flush my Central heating system. How do you fill the primary? Thanks

Ok the bigger side of the black tank is the cold supply for the cylinder and the small side is the heating feed..

I hate these bloomin things so always advise they change em for a nice combi ;)

Do you fill the primary through the back smaller hot water f&e? This summer I plan to drain down the central heating system.

:oops: ok i got it wrong, it was only a guess anyway :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back