Water dripping from Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently noticed a small amount of water on the unit under my boiler, and noticed it was dripping from the boiler itself, but I cant seem to see from where! (somewhere towards the back)
The boiler is a Glowworm Compact 100E

I put a small tub under to catch the water and was quite suprised at how much had leaked. It may seem weird but it seems to be worse over night (not much water drips into the tub through the day, but when i check it in the morning its quite full)

Hope someone can help.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem on a Glow worm energysaver 50 e and it turned out to be a leaking burner..I hope its not that as glow worm changed it at approx £350

Sponsored Links
There are water carrying bits all over the lower part of the boiler.

Unless you are having to top up the system pressure I expect it may be from the flow switch at back right . If so its almost impossible to get at without removing pump unless you have full access from the right. But it could be from elsewhere though.

It leaks more at night because the water pressure goes up when nobody is using it.

Tony

I've been monitering this problem over the last few days and after removing the bottom cover I'v noticed that the dripping is coming from the back LEFT. It seems to be running down and dripping off the plastic elbow part of the hot water outlet. I still cannot determine where the leak is though.
Anymore idea's?

could also leak overnight due to boiler cold and suspect joint 'shrinking'

Not much point in asking us! It can leak from anywhere!

You are the one there!

Only you can look at it and see where the water is coming from. Its best with a very powerful torch.

Not my favourite boiler either! Hiding a flow switch behind the pump is a stupid joke!

Tony

Thats the thing i Can't see where its coming from, i'v looked with a torch but its not possible for me to see where its coming from. I only asked on the off chance this might be a common enough prob for someone to know.
As for the plastic elbow, its part of the hot water out, Its not leaking from this its just running down it.

Is it possible for the heat exchanger to leak, and is it simple to fix/replace?[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back