Water drops in tundish serving megaflo

Reaction score
I have small drops of eater in my tundish and wanted to know how it will cost to change any of the valves. I called megaflo and they want £250 just to look at it and then decide what to do so parts and labour will be on top - it could be the cold water valve or the temperature valve.

Is this price bracket normal for call out charge.
Any impartial advice would be very much appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
1. It could be a number of things, including a requirement to re-pressurise the internal vent space.
2. Re-pressurising is a user function. The instructions are printed on the side of the cylinder. They can also be downloaded from the internet.
3. If re-pressurising doesn't cure the fault then, as stated, it could be the cold water (combination) valve, or the temperature and pressure relief valve.
4. These cylinders should be serviced annually.
5. I'd suggest the following:
5a. Re-pressurise it yourself.
5b. If re-pressurising cures the fault, book a service with a technician having the G3 qualification.
5c. If re-pressurising doesn't cure the fault get it attended to by a G3 qualified person, and serviced at the same time. Unlikely to cost as much as £250, unless you are in Central London.

1. It could be a number of things, including a requirement to re-pressurise the internal vent space.
2. Re-pressurising is a user function. The instructions are printed on the side of the cylinder. They can also be downloaded from the internet.
3. If re-pressurising doesn't cure the fault then, as stated, it could be the cold water (combination) valve, or the temperature and pressure relief valve.
4. These cylinders should be serviced annually.
5. I'd suggest the following:
5a. Re-pressurise it yourself.
5b. If re-pressurising cures the fault, book a service with a technician having the G3 qualification.
5c. If re-pressurising doesn't cure the fault get it attended to by a G3 qualified person, and serviced at the same time. Unlikely to cost as much as £250, unless you are in Central London.

Super oldbuffer — great advice. Wish me luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back