Water flow to cistern slow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently had our water switched off and the system drained due to a burst pipe. The plumber sorted it and now all's fine except I only realised after he left that one of the toilets is filling very slowly.

I've checked at the valve into the toilet and it's the water supply that's a slow trickle rather than a problem with the cistern valve itself. I'm fairly sure it's mains fed rather than gravity. It was working fine up until yesterday.

Is there anything simple I can try to fix it before calling the plumber out again tomorrow?

Thanks,
Ivan

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

I've tried the stopcock again but no joy. It could be my imagination but it seems to be filling a little quicker but not back to normal.

I've also double checked all other taps and showers and they're flowing fine. I'm guessing it may be some crud in the pipes as suggested.

Sponsored Links
If it's a reasonable new inlet valve, last few years, then there are usually little filters at the bottom of the inlet where the inlet connects to the pipework, they can catch bits of crap sometimes which lessens the flow a little

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back