Water getting in garage wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single brick wall to the garage with a damp course 2 courses above the garage slab. No problems of damp above DPC.
However, i'm getting water running in under the bricks sitting on the slab. I've cleared the vegetation outside so it is loose earth about 1 brick below the DPC. As far as I can see rain is hitting the wall and running down the wall and seeping under the brick course sittin on the slab. I don't know how far out the concrete slab extends but I assume it may be an inch outside of the wall. This corner has been damp for years but now i'm getting a puddle of water in the corner of the garage when it rains (and it has rained this year !!!)

How can I seal it - re-pointing, some sort of flashing or a sealant ?

Sponsored Links
OK Guys I get the message !! - I've now looked at lots of previous posts and this is obviously a common problem.

I'd be interested from previous posters on how they got on with tthis type of problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back