Water hammer with Thermostat rad valves Potterton Profile60

Sponsored Links
Oh yeah silly me, didn't realise i had to stay on here all day :oops:

Dh was referring to the "trust me" quote after only a couple of posts.

From your post I don't think you know what "Differential Pressure " is, or you would know what the by-pass could do to prevent the problem.

Incidentally turning the pump speed down could also cure that problem.

Incidentally turning the pump speed down could also cure that problem.[/quote]

I already suggested that. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Oh yeah silly me, didn't realise i had to stay on here all day :oops:

Dh was referring to the "trust me" quote after only a couple of posts.

From your post I don't think you know what "Differential Pressure " is, or you would know what the by-pass could do to prevent the problem.

Incidentally turning the pump speed down could also cure that problem.
A differential pressure can be measured between two points on independent systems or between two different points on the same system.

The main use for a differential pressure sensor is to measure the difference in fluid or gas pressure across a restriction in a pipe. The flow can then be determined by converting the differential pressure reading with bernoulli's equation. Since flow is proportional to the square root of the differential pressure in a closed pipe it is sometimes preferred to use a square root output signal from the differential pressure sensor to simplify the conversion to a flow measurement.

Very good, so either side of the TRV will do.

We are talking about the spring in the TRV, if you read the instruction it will give you the maximum differential pressure.

As the TRV's start to close the pressure builds up, which is.

A. why an auto by-pass valve opens.

B. why you need an auto by-pass.

C. you would probably know all this anyway.

Very good, so either side of the TRV will do.

We are talking about the spring in the TRV, if you read the instruction it will give you the maximum differential pressure.

As the TRV's start to close the pressure builds up, which is.

A. why an auto by-pass valve opens.

B. why you need an auto by-pass.

C. you would probably know all this anyway.
D. I know how to copy and paste, that's about it :D

Do I take that to read you don't know.

It the difference between the TRV inlet and outlet, in the middle is a spring which will take a given pressure differential between the two ports.

When the rads start to close the pressure builds up on the inlet and the spring cannot hold the plunger closed so it bounces, open and shut

The by-pass should reduce the pressure if set correctly and the problem is no more.

Do I take that to read you don't know.

It the difference between the TRV inlet and outlet, in the middle is a spring which will take a given pressure differential between the two ports.

When the rads start to close the pressure builds up on the inlet and the spring cannot hold the plunger closed so it bounces, open and shut

The by-pass should reduce the pressure if set correctly and the problem is no more.
Didn't know that, but i have never had any of mine bang so it doesn't really affect me.

Easiest way to test is open the TRV to a higher setting or remove the actuator.

If the noise stops you know the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back