Water in double glazing quote for repair - Birmingham B68

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I think the seal on my double glazing has gone. There is an inch of water in the base between the glazing. I live in the Oldbury area of Birmingham. Does anyone here repair windows and how much per pane please?

Rob

Sponsored Links
Take the old d/g unit out and almost any glaziers will make you a new one. Do it in the morning and the new one should be back in by dinner. ;) ;)

PS , when you take it out, check that the weep holes on the frame are not blocked. Sounds like yours are if there's an inch of water lying in the bottom.

Take the old d/g unit out and almost any glaziers will make you a new one. Do it in the morning and the new one should be back in by dinner. ;) ;)

PS , when you take it out, check that the weep holes on the frame are not blocked. Sounds like yours are if there's an inch of water lying in the bottom.

Cheers. I will google glazers in my area. And weep holes in windows :D
Rob

Sorry to intrude, but this has just rung a bell. We have had double glazing units whose 'seals have gone' and which have had to be replaced, according to advice from the fitters.

SWMBO has insisted that, because there are sometimes large patches of condensation in the inside, we must have them replaced. Having read this thread, it seems that water inside the units can be removed fairly easily.

Does this mean that I can sort our problem in a similar way, and save ourselves a lot of money in the process? As you may have guessed, I know nothing of 'sealed double glazing' units.

Sponsored Links

Replacing the glass will be super expensive

Expect a £300 bill at the very lease for a modest double glazed glass fitted

Or on the other hand, measure the approx dimensions of the pane and ring around and ask for quotes for the glass to be supplied only and supplied and fitted.

IMO Got to be a big unit to get to £300.

I have just ordered two double glazed panes from a local supplier for a customer , standard not energy saving coated, for side opening windows 18 inch x 48 inch
cost £35 each including VAT Which will give you an idea on cost. Takes about a week to make up the order.
Depending on age of original glazing you may find the removable bead is on the outside of the frame.

I have just ordered two double glazed panes from a local supplier for a customer , standard not energy saving coated, for side opening windows 18 inch x 48 inch
cost £35 each including VAT Which will give you an idea on cost. Takes about a week to make up the order.
Depending on age of original glazing you may find the removable bead is on the outside of the frame.

My unit is 1.8 metres high and 1.6 metres high and I was quoted £300 for just the glass

My unit is 1.8 metres high and 1.6 metres high and I was quoted £300 for just the glass

No wonder you call yourself Deluded !! :eek:

Well it is big but I would still ring around and get more quotes.

Can you fit it yourself?

No wonder you call yourself Deluded !! :eek:
That unit should cost around 130 supply only for clear dbl glazed unit

Sponsored Links
Back