Water in my cellar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help?

I have about 2 inches of water in my cellar. We have bucketed it out twice and it has come back to the same level. I've had Thames Water around they tested the water and there was no chlorine or ammonia present.

My neighbour has a collapsed drain (she has a temporary flowaway in her back garden) and Power Rod did a report on her drains as this "JET & ATTEMPT TO CLEAR REAR SURFACE GULLES TO STOP FURTHER FLOODS. TRACE SURFACE GULLY OUTFALL INTO COMMUNUAL MAIN, UNABLE TO PUSH TRACER MORE THAN 0.6M UP BOUNDARY WALL. JETTED BUT SUSPECT HOSE JUST GOING TO GROUND" As her drainage has not been repaired could this maybe be my problem in my cellar with the water backing up into my property?

I am desperate to get this fixed as I am selling my house.

Thank you,

Fran

Sponsored Links
The question to ask is, does the water ingress coincide with wet weather or recent "neighbours broken drain" activity? Or has the cellar always admitted water?

Thanks for your reply...

I have lived in my house since 1996 and have never had a problem with water in my cellar until next doors collapsed drainage.

Thanks...

Thanks for your reply...

I have lived in my house since 1996 and have never had a problem with water in my cellar until next doors collapsed drainage.

Thanks...

In that case it would be logical to assume a collapsed drain maybe to blame....?
Mr_Spock.jpg

Sponsored Links
Might be worth a call to Environmental Health if your neighbour (or their insurers) are dragging their heels about getting repairs done.

Aye , Noseall `tis nae good if yer getting Clingons coming oot an` floating aboot yer bilges :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back