water in the injectors on a vivaro 2009

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i fitted a new windscreen in a customers vivaro in may last year by may this year the van broke down and it was taken into the local dealers as a warranty claim with all the injectors were severley corroded they kicked the warranty claim when they found out that a windscreen had been fitted leaving me with a £2000 claim against me the leak to the engine was from a water catching bracket below the wipers which vauxhall recomend taking of and resealing when fitting a windscreen im a thatcham trained ata tech and there are no notes i can find anywere that tell you to do this only bulletins at main vaux dealers im adamant its not my fault i think this retainer which only has a foam seal to the bulkhead was leaking b4 any help on corrosion time of the injectors to cause this problem or any help i would be very gratefull sorry 4 the essay thanks mick

Sponsored Links
I worked at Renault as a tech for around 1 year, Saw this a couple of times with the Renault Traffic, same van same engine, I think the rubber seal where the scuttle pannel meets the bonnet is typical french poor design and leaks, eats the engine loom away.

I think Vauxhall are just using the screen as an excuse TBH.

Sponsored Links
Back