Water Ingress through Outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had a single skin outbuilding built onto a concrete pad over a year ago and when it rains the back too walls soak in all the water and some leaks through on the bottom course as i can’t get behind the render them like the front two.

I bought some KA tanking slurry for the inside and i followed the instructions on the tub, however even after wetting the walls before hand the bottom coat soaked in like mad and started to crack on all the joints, i mixed up some more a bit wetting and went to opposite way. Some cracks still started to show so i just kept rubbing water in to help keep it moist while setting. 95% of them are now filled in but you can see them below as the slurry is setting.
I’ve done some research and i’m going to make an SBR mix and coat the other with that before i slurry them to try avoid the cracking from setting too fast.

However i have a question, on the tub it says apply 2 coats, within 24 hours. I applied two coats the first time as the bottom coat was becoming touch dry with it soaking in so quick. Has anyone tanked over tanking slurry and done more than the recommended 2 coats on the tub and what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back