Water leaking through tiles onto plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im new here and really enthusiastic about a wide range of DIY projects. Im sort of new to the scene as im only 17 years old and I dont have the experience as others on these boards do. Thats why ive come here to ask some questions.

Well I went on top of the roof to inspect the tiles where water is leaking when it rains and damaging the plaster and I couldn't see any problems with the tiles. The damage to the plaster isnt huge but there are some patches that I want to try and stop before they get out of hand and cause new plaster to be laid.
There were no cracks, holes or anything that I could see that would cause this problem. I also went into the roof and there aren't any really big gaps in between the tiles that would cause water to leak into the ceiling.

What could be the problem? Any other suggestions that I could do to narrow down the problem.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can you tell us a bit more regarding where the leaking area is, example near a chimney breast, in a corner, under the gulley, lead flashing problem, are the rain gutter okay etc

Nah its not next to any chimney, not under a gulley, lead flashing and gutters are ok.
The problem is not really in a corner but its aligning straight with the light about 200mm off the edge.

I went again up into the roof and cant see anything bad. It was raining today so I didnt want to get onto the roof just to be safe, but when the weather is fine ill get back up there and inspect again.

Not sure what the problem can be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back