water not gettineg very hot after kicking in the CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had the CH off for about 6 months now and only using the boiler for HW " Y plan system" but in the last few weeks a have switched the heating on but since then the water does not get home enough for a bath/shower etc.

i switched off the CH and then put the HW on on its own and it starts to get hot again. weird one any only have any ideas.

i have checked the pump ( well can hear it running )

rad/frost and tank stats are all ok and timer is new.

thanks ash

Sponsored Links
have you got the hw on the programmer on long enough ?
have you a red gate valve on the cylinder return at the bottom thats maybe closed to far. :idea:

yeah hot water etc is on for about 2 hours, it normally on took about 30 mins to get up to temp before

whats a red gate vavle?

i got a honeywell 3 port diverter vavle just after the pump

forgot to say my friendly plumber said try putting the valve to manual and see what happens then, but aint the same as the timer calling for HW and CH at the sale time.

Compression20Gate20Valve.jpg

Sponsored Links
yeah i have one of those , but its only happen since the ch has come on, and i hav not touched any valves etc so they should be working as they were.

the boiler is on flat out on the heat knob so maybe there is something inside that controls how much heat etc gets done?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back