Water not hot in shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if any of you experts can answer this one...

I have a shower in the corner of my en-suite bathroom. I cannot get the water piping hot - only warm. This means I can't use the shower as I end up getting cold in it. The temperature from the hot water tap on the sink in the same bathroom is very hot - there is no problem with this. The problem is only with the shower.

The shower is quite old - it is a Bristow Pisa. It is a thermostatic mixer type and I have a combi-boiler.

A plumber told me that some showers have pre-set max temperatures, which may be the case? Can I increase this or do I need a new shower? It is not possible to access the shower from behind as it is all walled in. I am on the verge of splashing out on a new shower and ripping this one out but thought I might check first that it isn't a simple problem.

Any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
The thermostat is buggered. You may be able to fit a new one, I'm not au fait with the model you have though. a bit of googling and asking around at plumb merchants may find one for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back