water not reaching high temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I have an ariston combi boiler and recently emptied the central heating to replace a rad valve, I filled up the system again and now my hot water is not getting hot enough when the tap is turned full on, if you turn tap to a drizzle the temp goes up. Does anyone know if I have caused this prob or could it just be coincidence and a prob with boiler? Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
does the hw heat then cool repeatedly, or whilst the tap is running does the boiler light & go out repeatedly ?

if so 'muck' has settled within the dhw heat exchanger circuit.

Thanks, is it easy to clean out heat exchanger I used to have manual for boiler but plumber took it and never returned it! Boiler is ariston microgenus 23

if you think that is your problem do a few searches (top of page) there are lots of relevant posts.

try typing in 'Ariston cleaning plate heat exchanger' for a start.

Sponsored Links
the boiler lights up and stays on when hw tap is on but water is only warm. If I turn tap down to a trickle the water becomes hotter. had similar prob about 1 year ago gas engineer changed 2D.H.W probes? and a secondary exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back