Water only gets hot when central heating is also switched on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I had the diverter valve changed. Everything seemed OK until a couple of weeks ago.
I have a traditional water and central heating system run by a 20 y/o Chaffoteaux & Maury boiler.
Problem is if water only is switched on, the pump starts but the boiler doesn't heat the water. You can hear the water pump through the boiler but the boiler doesn't flame up.
If heating only is on, house heats up nicely. If both are on, then I get both hot water and heating.
PS - Hope to change the whole system next summer, but need this sorting out soonish - thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I couldn't see a make or model on it, but its a blue unit (and brass fitting) fitted by British Gas as part of their service contract.

It has the words "Mid position activator/actuator code" on a white plate on the housing. Its fitted upside down and had a black wire on what is the bottom of the unit with a little black clip on the side and a big clip on the top.

Sorry can't provide more information.

Jaz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back