WATER PRESSURE FOR POWER SHOWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I WOULD LIKE TO FIT A POWER SHOWER BUT I HAVE MAINS WATER PRESSURE FOR THE COLD AND GRAVITY FEED FOR THE HOT HOW CAN I GET AROUND THIS?
IS THERE A WAY OF EQUALISING THE WATER PRESSURE FEEDS TO THE SHOWER?
THANKS

Sponsored Links
you can use a pressure reducing valve, available from any good plumbers merchant

Sponsored Links
DON'T do that it WILL NOT work!
Ask a pro. Try PlumbingPages.com Forum

Can you tell us why it won't work ? We're all learning & listening here.

Sorry missed that. The PEV isn't designed for a negative and varying pressure load , and the pump expects a low impedance source without any time delays. Upshot is it all oscillates (unless you're very lucky!). Neeasty!

If you use a single ended pump on the hot (low pressure) and use a mixer which will cope with a fair pressure mismatch, it usually works out ok, but no manufacturer would be keen to gaurantee it would work! Depends on the mains pressure too.

Thanks i asked a few plumbers and they agreed so i have fitted a mixer designed for my plumbing system and will try it he did say if its a bit crappy fit a pressure reducing valve to sort it out

You are better off if you can get the cold feed from the cold storage tank for equal pressure.Trouble free & safer regarding getting burnt from hot water if someone turn on the cold taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back