Water Pressure Imbalance twaddle

Right then, so possibly not unbalanced pressure, how can i find out for sure and what’s with the oh dears and double oh dears, I’m getting worried, is hammering coming from a shower a bad thing, I suspect it is given that it broke shortly after.

the louder the hammering noise the better. I suggest you turn the shower on and off as often and abruptly as you can as this will sort it.

let us know when its working again.

:)

Sponsored Links
Right then, so possibly not unbalanced pressure, how can i find out for sure and what’s with the oh dears and double oh dears, I’m getting worried, is hammering coming from a shower a bad thing, I suspect it is given that it broke shortly after.

the louder the hammering noise the better. I suggest you turn the shower on and off as often and abruptly as you can as this will sort it.

Thats what i was doing when it broke, your taking the **** now but i figured turning it on and off a few times would actually fix it. Am i at the mercy of smug plumbers that prefer to take the **** than give advice?

. Am i at the mercy of smug plumbers that prefer to take the p**s than give advice?

to answer your question; YES. :LOL:

OK, so given I don’t possess the intelligence, money and good looks of your average plumber please humour me by imparting some of your vast knowledge.

Firstly, what would cause the hammering when the shower was turned on is that the sign of some imbalance?

Secondly, how does a mere mortal figure out if he has a water pressure imbalance?

Thirdly if it is a pressure issue do I go for inline pressure reducer or a pressure reducing valve at the stopcock?

Thanks in advance oh mighty ones.

Sponsored Links
buy, hire or borrow gauges
if you read my post above i've explained where to fit a pressure reducer
use a measuring jug for flow rates

That shower works in the range of 1-10bar and allows for slight imbalances.

Size and cost reduction in that unit are because some of the parts of the discovery range are not fitted like strainers.

Could be dirt thats causing not to lock off,dcould be just a faulty cartridge.

Mira love to charge if its not installed as per the MI's so be warned.

Thanks Icgs, i will wait for the engineer then, hopfully i installed it well enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back