Water pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new heating system installed in July 2013. The boiler is a combit Vallient. Since then, the water pressure keeps dropping. We have to add water into system in various time intervals, ranging from 5 days to 2 months. I heard this type of problem is probably because there is a leak somewhere. We have looked though the reachable places and can't see any leak. We didn't take the floor up. But why are there such a big range? How can we diagnose the problem?

Another thing is that who is responsible to correct this problem? We had asked the engineer who did the system for us to come to fixed another problem before (in Nov 2013) and we had to write threatening letter to them before they were willing to come to fix the problem. We find it stressful to try to get them out again. Should we write to them again for this problem? We would be appreciated if someone who knows the rules/law to answer this part of the question for us.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Has the water pressure been dropping ever since the install?
Did the install include pipework and rads?
If so the installer should be asked to come back and remedy this.

Any competent installer would give a warning about leaks if installing a pressurised system for the first time.

If it was a pressurised system before then most would say the installer should come and have a look at what is wrong.

Many installers fit and forget ( you ) as soon as they are paid!

Tony

the installer installed the whole new system, this includes radiator, boiler and some pipe work. Some pipe work cannot be reached (under wood floor etc )and these are not replaced.
The old system is a back boiler and new system is combi boiler. I GUESS the new system is presurised because when it dropped to 0.8 bar, it stopped working.

Yes, it kept dropping since installation.

Sponsored Links
If the leaks on something he touched get him back, if its not you can't blame him but he should have pre warned you that converting to a sealed system can lead to possible problems. Either way he should at least have a look.

If the leaks on something he touched get him back, if its not you can't blame him but he should have pre warned you that converting to a sealed system can lead to possible problems. Either way he should at least have a look.

I won't know whether or not the leak is on something he touched before I have to make a decision to get him to come back or not. If I decide to get him back, it will be a long hard battle again. Last time, it took 3 months + a theatening letter. If he found out the leak is not costed by him, he might charge us any amount. How do I protect myself?

I won't know whether or not the leak is on something he touched before I have to make a decision to get him to come back or not.

Last time, it took 3 months + a threatening letter. If he found out the leak is not costed by him, he might charge us any amount. How do I protect myself?

Get a new plumber.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back