Water Pressure To A Mixer Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a new mixer tap to the bath to use as a shower but the pressure from the hot water tank is just not enough and the shower ends up just dripping. I know I can raise the level of the loft feeder tank to increase pressure but by how much?? Presumably the hot and cold water pressure needs to be roughly the same?

Sponsored Links
the higher you can get the tank the better the pressure.
will work better with even pressures.

Thank you "Seco Services". Do you know if there is a way to measure the pressure on the 2 pipes and is there an equation to work out how high to bring the tank to get the pressures level??

Sponsored Links
to work any good you need them both off the same supply pressure
so if you feed the cold from the tank as well, so they are both balanced you'll have better control over your temp from shower but it won't be very powerful.

if your tank is in loft just above your bathroom say 6ft that will give you 0.2 bar
for ever metre you raise the tank will give you 0.1 bar.
to make 1.0 bar is 10 meters

your mains cold is average of about 2.0 bar.

in the long run if both feeds come from the tank you'll need a pump to give it descent pressure.

Thank you very much. I'll have to have a look to see if I can plumb in a pipe form the cold water tank to the bath. I also take your point re the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back