water pressure to radiator suddenly gone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello: I have a radiator on the top (2nd) floor that would not heat evenly. Bottom was warm to was cold. First I bled the rad but no water came out, just air. I checked the inlet valve by shutting it off and on. water was flowing through the rad but still only air escaped from the bleed valve. I disconnected the inlet and return valves and removed and drained the rad. When I reconnected it and turned on the inlet valve I got nothing. Can't hear any water running at all.

Pump is running. It's fairly new (six years old) Pressure on the boiler is only running at 9psi hot. I don't know how to increase it (if in fact it's a problem at all). All other radiators are fine. Also expansion tank is upstairs, but I don't think it is part of the system anymore. there is a new pressure valve in the water line that I tried adjusting to get more pressure but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated

gr42

Sponsored Links
turn off and bleed the air til the water runs out then repressurize as instructed in the boiler instructions. i think you have a combi but the old cold storage tank was left in the loft...if you don't have a combi post more details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back