water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya im new to all this so be gentle with me please.
right ive got a glowowrm compact 80p combination boiler.
we had a problem with a loud noise coming from hot water when you ran the hot water tap, so we had someone round and they turned the water pressure down.
but ever since we have had only luke warm water upstairs and its hot down stairs and we have been told we need some kind of valve fitted to keep water pressure down ie: no noise and still get hot water upstairs .
just wondered if any one could shed a bit of light on this please

Sponsored Links
if that is true (i am not a plumber or heating engineer) you need a pressure reducing valve available from any good plumber merchant

thats it pressure relief valve jsut wanted to know if he were fobbing us off or not

but ive joined bg homecare and they coming on thursday to do a service so im gonna ask them to sort it out

Sponsored Links
i never said pressure relief valve, i said pressure reducing valve, they are 2 differnt things.

also if this is your 1st visit from bg, they will charge you to fit what ever IF it requires it, since it was not right before they serviced it. dont believe me? read the small print

and also about a few weeks after it were turned down ,the pressure weve had a only way i can describe it is a hmmmmm noise coming from boiler.
could ths be related to the pressure?

yes they will charge me i know but had no hot water for nearly 2 month now so im not bothered i will pay

i just didnt no if it were a load of codswallop what he saying about this valve or not ,it were a friend who did it but hes not been very reliable

and before he turned the pressure down everything were fine apart from this noise from hot water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back