water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months back i have fitted a water pump in my cellar which operates by flouting arm.Is there any adjustment can be made on flout arm so it stops late.At the moments it is set short.When it stops,it is still half way submerged in water,I mean it does not drain out water all the way to bottom.Or is it suppose to stay submerged in water half way.

Sponsored Links
Is this the submersible all in one type or one with an external float with an arm?

The arm ones usually have a height adjustment as to when the operating switch & pump operate.
You are probably best contacting the manufacturer if you are having problems like that.

Is this the submersible all in one type or one with an external float with an arm?

The arm ones usually have a height adjustment as to when the operating switch & pump operate.
You are probably best contacting the manufacturer if you are having problems like that.
It is submergable with exterenal float arm which has ball in it.When rises above the pump level it rolls down and trigers the pimp.As soon water level drops half way down ,ball inside float arm rolls forward and pump stops.I would defenitly contact manufacturers.

Sponsored Links
Normally submergable pumps are supposed to stay in some water. This keeps the impellor etc filled with water, which helps the pump to get started.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back