Water Rush in the Morning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
Just had a newly installed Gas heating installed replacing my oil heating. The installer replaced the hot water tank aswell as all the rads so basically used the existing pipe work .

In the morning when the heating comes on there is a rush off water leaving the attic and then my water tank filling the heating tank i suspect but the noise is loud enough to wake us all up...

Should the heating system not have water all the time and does anyone know what this might be ?

Ed

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert Ed,

But, while waiting for a more complete answer ...generally speaking the central heating system as you say should be completely full of water. Short of it having a leak there should be no need for the top up tank to come into play from one year to the next.

You may have air in the system ... you could try bleeding the highest radiator or the highest point where a bleed nipple has been fitted. There may be two stand pipes in the loft for the purpose.

Ray

have you got a sealed system with a pressure gauge on the boiler? Or is the heating system topped up with a feed and expansion tank in the loft? If the latter then the pump might be forcing water up the vent pipe when it starts. This is a Bad Thing.

Go up to the loft with a torch with the heating turned off, get someone to turn it on, and see what happens.

Post some pics of the pipework too, in the loft, around the boiler, and around the cylinder. //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

Sponsored Links
Hi, sods law its not repeated itself over the last few days.. I went up the loft and nothing happened but when in the airing cupboard there is some water moving in the pipes when the heating is switched on which again is only breif but loud enough to wake us up... The new thing is teh when teh heating is on there is liek a constant drippung noise coming from the hot water tank which is loud enough to hear from the bedrooms but as soon as the heating goes off it stops... any ideas on this ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back