Water softener feeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I've been trying to wrap my head around a particular problem and decided it's time to ask some experts.

I've just bought a water softener which came with a 22mm connection kit. All of the piping in my house is 15mm. I don't seem to be able to buy 15mm inlet connectors for the back of the softener so I guess I'm left with 1 option. Using a 15mm to 22mm adaptor.

My question is, will there be any adverse effects by up converting from 15mm to 22mm on the softener? I'm assuming that there will be a pressure drop but I don't know if this will be a problem or if there is any other side effects.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Should be fine, pressure will be the same on 15mm pipe, just the flow rate will be lower.

Excellent thanks Denso. Looking at It the bypass kit comes with a 15mm reducer anyway so it's entirely possible to go from 15mm to 22mm using the manufacturers supplied fittings.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back