Water storage tank question????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My water storage tank has started to leak, after removing the tank for inspection it appears that due to poor instalation when it was originally fitted it has a small hole in the bottom.

im going to temporaraly fix the hole and refit while getting some money together to replace it completely but want to know wether i could fit a slightly smaller tank in its place when i replace it? its a 2 tank setup with the larger tank getting the leak ( typical ) as far as connections go it only seems to supply the immersion tank and nothing else. on the tank it says on the side it was a 40gallon nom / 25 gallon act capacity with dimensions being roughly 28 x 21 x 20. i have seen a tank with similar dimensions 27 x 20 x 20 which according to the info is a 25 gallon one.

would this tank be ok to replace mine with as its a good enough price and size as access is also an issue with the loft hatch being not much larger than 20 x 20 and a cross beam passing over the hatch slightly to one side

any help would be great plus anything else you might need to know just ask many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back