Water under floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Approx 4 inches - starting to smell - pumped all out, dried out and then it rained!!

Its all back again, checked everything to do with drains, airbricks, water on patio - no joy......have founf a leak in the roof right above the cavity wall on the side of the house - above the area where the flooding is happening.

Could the water travel all down the cavity into the cavity under the floorboards?

Sponsored Links
First thing first is to fix the roof!

You can check the drains with drain dye, it comes in different colours. Make sure you only use one colour per drain.

Example: use one colour for the Foul (Toilet water ) sewage........& a different colour for the Storm water (rain water)

Andy

I had the same problem, water under the floor.

I got in touch with the Geological Survey. They informed me that I lived on a clay hill with glacial gravel veins running through it and one of these veins most likely ran under me house. So when it rained the veins would transmit water under my house.
Options I had were,
1, A french drain across the back of my house to intercept the water.
2, Fill my floors in with concrete.
3, Fit drainage under my house.

I went for option 3. Builder came in and fitted a trap at the lowest point which ran to my main drain. Problem solved.

Sponsored Links
Hi Christein,

It cost me £500 about 6 years ago. I guess it all depends on where your drain runs as to whether you will need to dig up your drive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back