Waterlogged garden and patio drainage woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I spent several thousand of pounds trying to get my garden fixed last year. Water was pooling by the house and there were other issues with the ground being uneven. I struggled to find anyone who would take on the job, and those who did quote all gave different suggestions. In the end, I went with a company which extended the patio flags to cover the pooling area, excavated the garden and returfed after adding in a coil drain.
My garden did OK in the flash floods this week but was still very poor compared to surrounding houses. I'm at a loss! I've contacted the company and they've gone AWOL.
All neighbours have replaced their grass with artificial. I cannot afford to get the whole garden redone again. The grass is not doing so well.
My main concern is any further heavy rain/ flash floods again. Is there anything I can do between the patio and grass that might help? Or anything else? I can't work out why my neighbour's is so much dryer than mine.

Photo attached shows how wet my patio was compared to my neighbours.

This garden has been the bane of my life!
Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
20240512_183733.jpg

20240506_173349.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back