Watermill Wasp 46 Shower Pump not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently took apart the on/off valve on my Bath Store shower, as it had been dripping! Their helpline suggested soaking the ceramic valve in 50%water/vinegar mixture. Put it all back together and seemed to be working fine. The last time I used the shower, it began pulsing, as though there was an air lock, but I was off to work so didnt look at it then. As the shower was still dripping, I took it all apart again, and when I put it back yesterday, the pump would not turn on. I have checked the inlet and outlet filters, there is water going into the pump and coming out (I can hear it moving when the shower is turned on) but when the pump is then switched on at the socket and the shower turned on, nothing happens. I currently have the pump unplugged, wondering if the reset thing only works if it is disconnected for at least an hour. If this doesnt work, I just dont know what else to do. Anyone have any ideas?? I cannot use the shower without the pump as the water comes out in a dribble.
Sue :(

Sponsored Links
Since posting my original, I have tried many things, many times. My Dad took the pump to check that there was power to it, and by turning it upside down got it to pump without any water. As the pump works, it must be another issue. Refitted pump, left it switched off, but shower on, and the water began dripping eventually. Switched pump on, and by tipping it slightly, it began to work. Brilliant thought I, until I was resetting the temperature control, then realised I have no cold water coming through, just hot. Could there be a blockage/air lock in the cold water pipe from pump to shower, and if so, how to I clear it? I have left the pump switched off, the hot valve off, so only the cold feed is on, and the shower is "on", and I have just drips every two seconds coming through!

Lay the shower hose in the bath/shower tray and turn it on. If that doesn't pull the air out then try a wet vac.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sorry Andy, it's one of these fancy hidden ones, no shower hose. Pipe comes from attic down to concealed thermostatic shower, then up the inside of the wall to the head. :eek: Where would I get a wet vac?

You can get a cheap wet vac from wickes for about £40. I carry one in my van, they are also very good at unblocking baths, basins and kitchen sinks.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back